Thursday 26 January 2012

My own grave goods?

This week's blog prompt was asking what we would want Archaeologists to find in our graves, what would best tell them about we were as person when we were alive. I also asked my friends and family on Facebook to pitch in what they would put in my grave, most responses had some humor in them - perhaps because that is just who I am as a person; instead of who I am in society (although I suppose being a student working min. wage at Starbucks, my grave would be full of textbooks and green aprons).

My friends said stuff like: gluten free chocolate cake, red velvet cupcakes, red lipstick, Disney paraphernalia, high heels, a half sweet black tea lemonade, and robots ..oh and my dog (not sure how I feel about that one yet, he's probably going to be dead long before me).
I feel that these suggestions fit who I am, for the most part, although not necessarily what I would want to say about myself in the afterlife. Archaeologists might interpret from these items that I am a hooker with a auto-immune disease, a tendency for overeating and a obsession with America's most popular theme park.

I, personally, would want to send a message of what matters most to me in life: family, food, travel. (Yes, we can all agree on the food). Perhaps souvenirs from the places I traveled to and loved most, photographs of my family in places we are happiest, and foods from my favourite restaurants from around the world. Although these items don't really speak of who I am in society, they speak of who I am as a person. I want to send the message that today your standing is in society does not matter as much and is not as limiting, but that what you do with your life is what matters.
Mmmmm Macarons
Sushi AND Cake.. why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment